Thursday, 9 December 2010

3D Christmas Tree

Inspired by the modpaperie blog http://modpaperie.blogspot.com/2010/11/svgcuts-project-very-merry-miniature.html I decided to create a 3D Christmas Tree, this is my first attempt to create a 3D item completely from scratch and i'm quite proud of it! :-)



I used Cricut cartridges 'Christmas Noel' to create the tree itself and 'Joys of the Season' to create the decorations.  The tree is 8 inches tall and the decorations are all 1 inch apart from the star on top which is 2 1/2 inches.


I started by cutting 6 of the swirly trees out in light green card using the 'blackout' function and scoring a vertical line down the centre of each so i could fold them and glue the sides together to create the 3D tree.  I then used darker green card with the 'shadow' function to create the swirly overlay effect (this was a bit fiddly!).




Using the 'Joys of the Season' cartridge i cut the little baubles out in various colours and to create the star on top, i cut 6 stars out  and scored them down the centre just like i did with the tree itself.  I added some sparkle by using some glitter glue on the baubles.

2 comments:

  1. This tree is gorgeous! Love the details and the big star on top. Well done, I'm touched and thanks for introducing me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...